Our client had a typical challenge of receiving email on to their admin employee from suppliers and customers etc. In order to get to these attachments and correspondence, you would traditionally need access to this person’s computer or open their email on your Outlook and search. With Office 365, there’s a much better way. Every-day scenario’s for every small business are the following:
- Statements. credit notes etc from Suppliers
- Emails sent and received on a small project
- Emails that need to be brainstormed using different media – audio recordings, link to internet resources, various attachments etc.
Several ways to deal with this on Office 365.
- Groups feature on Outlook.
- Forward to a shared email
Each method has pro’s and con’s. As the customer’s requirements was a secure shared resource that included the email message, was searchable and with the added bonus of being able to collaborate on, Onenote won the day.
Basically, you use the feature in Outlook to send email to Onenote – choose the notebook and section to send to. Onenote automatically syncs for all who are connected and authorised to do so.
This will work perfectly for small business who possibly generates a few records per day and who’s attachments are not ‘huge’. Most of us are in this position though!